WA Gas Statement of Opportunities
In this section
The Western Australian (WA) Gas Statement of Opportunities (GSOO) is an annual report published by the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) that provides gas market participants and other stakeholders with information about the WA gas industry. It presents forecasts of WA domestic gas demand and potential supply over a 10-year period, including an overview of gas infrastructure and emerging issues affecting the WA gas industry.
The WA GSOO aims to include information and assessments relating to medium and long term natural gas supply and demand and natural gas transmission and storage capacity, as defined in subrule 2(2)(b) of the Gas Service Information (GSI) Rules. Its content is further defined in rule 104 of the GSI Rules.
WA Gas Statement of Opportunities - December 2019
- WA Gas Statement of Opportunities - December 2019 (1.9 MB, pdf)
- WA GSOO tables data register - December 2019 (233 KB, xlsx)
- WA GSOO figures data register – December 2019 (11 MB, xlsx)
- NIEIR – Commodity forecasts for Western Australia to 2030 (1.1 MB, pdf)
- RBP – Gas powered generation forecast modelling (862 kB, pdf)
- Media release and podcast
Previous WA GSOO reports and supporting documents